Sunday, January 23, 2011

Welcome to Heredia!

It's actually here!

I am currently sitting in the Hotel Bouganvillea in Heredia Costa Rica!

The flight was pretty simple, made even better by the fact that I found two other girls on my program on the flight! We stuck together to get through customs and to the hotel.

After a few hours of exploring our hotel and a taxi drive from the airport, I can officially say that this country is insanely beautiful!

There are flowers everywhere and the weather is incredible (yay for skirts in January!)

Tomorrow we head off to Monteverde (the rainforest) for a week-long orientation full of fun activities. The week after that, we are back in Heredia, meet our host families and start school the week after that!

If you can't tell, I'm incredibly excited to be here, and can't wait to continue the adventure.

~Meche

Also for your entertainment, some pictures from our hotel and our favorite billboard so far...


That's right, the McPinto, rice, beans, plantains, eggs, sausage, etc. 


Alyssa (a girl in my program) and I in the garden at the hotel



Pretty flowers!



No comments:

Post a Comment